Well, it’s three in the morning, and I have been here since 5:30 pm or so.
Some time after I woke up yesterday I noticed I was having some painful braxton hicks. As the day wore on, I noticed they were coming on in frequency and intensity. At 2:00pm I called L&D, they said wait an hour and then call back. When I called back two hours later, the triage nurse asked me what I wanted to do, and I told her I was on the fence about whether or not I wanted to come in. She then said she was taking the decision out of my hands and that she wanted me to come in. So my beloved and I quickly made arrangements for my Mom and sister to come to the boys and off we went.
On the car ride over, what started as 20 minutes a part turned into 5 minutes apart and in triage at Mt. Sinai the contactions began coming every 2-3 minutes apart.
In triage we found her easy enough, but the contractions were quite concerning. They then did an internal cervical check and I am dilated 3cm.
I was admitted at 7:00pm and so far am on my second bag of mag. sulf., my first of four steroid shots, a bolus (for fluids) and some pills to stop contractions.
I am scared. I know a 32 weeker has high odds of survival, but this wasn’t in the plan…and I thought I had paid my bull shit dues already…for right now the contractions has stopped, but the nurse warned that it may just be a side effwct of the morphine and mag…so we’ll see in the morning.
I’ll keep you all posted